Patriot Memory has launched a new Viper series of memory modules. The new and improved heatsink design will find its way onto DDR2 and DDR3 extreme performance lines of gaming memory.
The Viper heatsink is made from an aluminum-copper composite (ACC). According to Patriot's press release, the new Vipers have fins that are designed to have special heat corners to increase surface area, which should result in 90 per cent faster heat dissipation. When compared to standard Patriot bladed heat spreaders, new Viper cooled memory modules are 20 percent cooler.
The new Patriot Viper series will be available on these modules.
* PVS32G1866LLK PC3-15000 2GB Kit 8-8-8-24 @ 1.9V
* PVS34G1600LLK PC3-12800 4GB Kit 7-7-7-20 @ 1.9V
* PVS32G1600LLK PC3-12800 2GB Kit 7-7-7-18 @ 1.9V
* PVS34G1333LLK PC3-10666 4GB Kit 7-7-7-20 @ 1.7V
* PVS32G1333LLK PC3-10666 2GB Kit 7-7-7-20 @ 1.7V
* PVS22G9600ELK PC2-9600 2GB Kit 5-5-5-12 @ 2.3V
* PVS34G1600LLK PC2-9200 2GB Kit 5-5-5-12 @ 2.3V
* PVS32G1600LLK PC2-8500 2GB Kit 5-5-5-15 @ 2.3V
* PVS22G6400XLK PC2-6400 2GB Kit 3-4-3-8 @ 2.3V
* PVS24G6400LLK PC2-6400 4GB Kit 3-4-3-8 @ 2.3V
You can find additional info on these modules here.