DICE working hard to resolve issue in final
DICE is paying close attention to the issues and problems that players are reporting with the Battlefield 3 beta. A post in the Battlefield Blog indicates that a number of fixes driven by user reported issues will be in the game’s final version. Some of the fixes include:
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target's visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non-working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams."
Still, overall the beta is quite impressive and does show the exceptional progress that DICE has made with the game. As the title races toward release, however, it is crunch time to get things done before it goes out the door. We surely think a longer beta cycle might have been nice to get some of these fixes addressed prior to the actual release, but as long as it is fixed in the final release that is what actually matters.