We would wonder where they have been looking, because we have been saying it has been unravelling for some years now and is hardly ravelled at all any more.
The list of evil includes:
1. Hiring Foxconn
2. Linking Into the NSA's PRISM Project
3. Avoiding Taxes
4. Colluding to Raise E-Book Prices
5. Using Blood Minerals in Apple Electronics
6. Getting Just a Bit Too Cultish For the Rest Of Us
7. Employing Some Questionable People At the Apple Store
8. Logging Extensive Location Data On Apple Users
10. Forcing Apple Maps On iPhone Users.
Our list would be a little longer and would include:
11: Avoiding customer protection laws so that customers waste money buying a service agreement that Apple has to provide for free by law.
12. Patent trolling on the basis it invented the rounded rectangle (when it didn’t) to keep rivals out of the market.
13. Over pricing its products.
14. Locking in customers and then encouraging them to upgrade to a new product every year.
15. Releasing a new product every year which is only marginally different from the last one.
16. Relying on marketing rather than substance to sell its products. Marketing which makes claims which no one in their right mind can believe. Like a boom-box for an iPhone is better than a $50,000 stereo.
17. Running a Stasi-like security operation on its own staff to make sure they tow the line, particularly on security issues.
18. Paranoia when it comes to secrecy.
19. Hiring police to act as security consultants to make sure that raids by security staff without warrants look legal.
There are probably a few more.