Published in Mobiles

Samsung phone copies Apple and catches fire



How can you sleep while your beds are burning?

It seems that Samsung is copying Apple when it comes to building phones which catch fire.

A 13-year old girl in Texas placed her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow before going to sleep, because apparently you do that sort of thing in Texas. Ariel Tolfree woke up in the middle of the night smelling burning and got out of bed before she able to take action before the burning phone caused any damage to her. The phone burnt through the bedding, mattress and pillow.

Tolfree’s dad rushed to call the local TV station and told them that the phone had melted, the plastic, the glass, and said "you cannot even really tell that it was a phone." To be fair the family are not really blaming Samsung. It appears they bought a replacement battery and it is not known whether the replacement battery was an authentic part or a counterfeit. 

But even if it was a dodgy battery Samsung warns that covering the device with bedding, your body, thick clothing, or any other materials that significantly affect air flow may affect the performance of the phone and poses a possible risk of fire or explosion.
However Samsung has said it will replace Ariel Tolfree’s burnt Galaxy S4 as well as her burnt bedding.

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Read more about: