Featured Articles

Analysts expect ARM to do well next year

Analysts expect ARM to do well next year

British chip designer ARM could cash in on the mobile industry's rush to transition to 64-bit operating systems and hardware.

More...
Huawei and Xiaomi outpace Lenovo, LG in smartphone market

Huawei and Xiaomi outpace Lenovo, LG in smartphone market

Samsung has lost smartphone market share, ending the quarter on a low note and Xiaomi appears to be the big winner.

More...
Intel Broadwell 15W coming to CES

Intel Broadwell 15W coming to CES

It looks like Intel will be showing off its 14nm processors, codenames Broadwell, in a couple of weeks at CES 2015.

More...
Gainward GTX 980 Phantom reviewed

Gainward GTX 980 Phantom reviewed

Today we’ll be taking a closer look at the recently introduced Gainward GTX 980 4GB with the company’s trademark Phantom cooler.

More...
Zotac ZBOX Sphere OI520 barebones vs Sphere Plus review

Zotac ZBOX Sphere OI520 barebones vs Sphere Plus review

Zotac has been in the nettop and mini-PC space for more than four years now and it has managed to carve…

More...
Frontpage Slideshow | Copyright © 2006-2010 orks, a business unit of Nuevvo Webware Ltd.
Thursday, 25 October 2007 10:59

Only 5-6% of Intel CPUs in January will be 45nm

Written by Fuad Abazovic

Image

Roadmap: 6 percent QC and 5 each for C2D and Mobile


Intel made a lot of noise about 45 nanometer, but now it looks like Intel won’t have such a smooth transition from 65 nanometer to 45nm. The chips are fine, but it will take much longer than many of us expected.

In January 2008 Intel will try to have about 6 percent of its total quad core production done in 45 nanometer and it will try to increase the production rate and hit 25 percent of total shipments in February. In March it will have a healthy 50 percent of all quad cores done in 45 nanometre process.

The situation is not as good with the Core 2 Duo 45 nanometer part that's codenamed Yorkfield. In January, Intel plans to ship 45 nanometer parts, but only 5 percent of the total CPU shipments will be 45nm while the remaining 95 percent will remain at 65 nm. In February, Intel hopes to get this number up to 10 percent, while in March the company plans to have 25 percent of all of its shipments as 45 nanometer based Wolfdale E8xxx series CPUs.

The mobile 45 nm Core 2 Duo will also take some 5 percent of Intel's total shipments in January, about 15 percent of the fab output in February, probably due to the notebook refresh cycle and in March, Intel hopes to reach the magical 25 percent.

Last modified on Thursday, 25 October 2007 19:58
blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Facebook activity

Latest Commented Articles

Recent Comments