The new addition to the range, now on sale with an MSRP of £229, benefits from Cat phones’ heritage and a decade of research and development in the design of rugged phones, bringing unrivalled toughness to this essential everyday work phone, the company claimed
The Cat S42 has a long battery life, market-leading rugged credentials, and a large and bright display that can be read in sunlight. Like all Cat phones it can also be regularly and thoroughly hygienically cleaned by being submerged and scrubbed with hot soapy water or disinfectant.
Peter Cunningham, VP Product Portfolio at Bullitt Group said that cat phones customers need a phone they can rely on. "It does not matter if they are in the emergency services keeping us safe, or working in a hospital where hygiene is the priority, or in construction and needing a phone that’s tough enough to survive on site, day after day, the Cat S42 is designed to be utterly dependable and keep working.”
Tested to Cat phones’ rugged standards with MIL SPEC 810H and IP68 ratings, it managed repeated drop testing from 1.8m onto steel, including multiple drops onto every side and corner, and is waterproof, tested submerged in water at depths up to 1.5m for 35 minutes. Like all Cat smartphones in the range, it is put through vibration and tumble tests, salt mist conditions, and it’s built to operate in high and low extremes of temperature and to survive thermal shocks.
The Cat S42’s 5.5" HD+ 18x9 display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and can be read in bright sunlight, with a touch screen that can be controlled with wet fingers or when wearing gloves.
- Powerful 4,200mAh battery
- Water / Dust proof (IP68), Drop tested to 1.8M onto steel, MIL SPEC 810H, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Waterproof Smartphone – up to 1.5 meters for 35 minutes
- 5.5" HD+ 18x9 display optimised for outdoor use with a touchscreen that can be used with wet fingers or when wearing gloves
- Android 10 (with upgrade to 11)
- 3GB RAM, 32GB ROM, Expandable Storage (microSD)
- Mediatek Helio A20 MT 6761D chipset, 1.8GHz quad-core processor
- 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera
- LTE Cat 6, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Textured, extra grip design
- Programmable Shortcut Key useful for Push to Talk (PTT), SOS (Lone worker app), or to easily launch its torch or camera
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 3.5mm audio jack (waterproof)
- Curated apps and content catalogue
- Dual SIM – Nano SIM + microSD™
- 2-year warranty
- Android Enterprise support
- Security updates cover for 3 years
- Zero-touch support
The Cat S42 smartphone has an MSRP of £229 and will be available to buy via www.catphones.com and multiple retailers and operators.